COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Wherever possible, we only collect personal data which is knowingly and specifically supplied to us by you. Without limitation, this can occur during or before you:
- Through use of our website, via the various forms,
- Email marketing campaigns,
- Customer web surveys,
- Third-party web-pages, and
- WhatsApp, SMS, Telegram, and other messaging and information sharing services.
Commonly collected personal data include the following:
- Full name
- Mobile telephone number
- Personal email address
- Residential address
- Residential telephone number
In addition to personal data provided to us, certain information related to you that is not considered personal data may also be collected. We collect this information to improve our Website and Services. Such non-personal data may include information such as details of your operating system, domain name, your IP address, the internet browser you use, details of your interaction with our Website and the details of any website you linked from to the Website.
A cookie is a text file made up of letters and numbers that allow us to distinguish your browser/device from another user’s browser/device. This text file is stored on your computer’s hard disk, or other memory, for the purpose of keeping records when you visit a website.
When you visit our websites, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our websites, to personalize your online experience and to record information about your visit to our websites. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our websites, such as the web pages you visit, the links or advertisements you click, or the other actions you conduct while on our websites. The cookie might also store some personal information about you, including, but not limited to, your full name.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but usually you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our websites, which will limit our capability to offer you a personalized experience.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect personal data from our existing and prospective members and employees for various reasons. Without limitation, these purposes include:
- confirming your identity during creation of your account and to ensure your eligibility to use the Services provided;
- communicating with you and responding to your queries;
- improving our Services and your experience on our Website;
- customising your Website experience, as well as evaluating statistics on Website activity, such as what time you visited it, whether you have visited it before and what website referred you to it;
- notifying you of any changes to our Services that may be relevant to you;
- conducting surveys, research and statistical analysis with the aim of helping us monitor and improve our Services;
- supplying you with information that is relevant to your existing relationship with us; and/or
- any other purposes as permitted by applicable laws.
Where we collect personal data for a specific purpose, we will not keep it for longer than is necessary to fulfill that purpose, unless we have to keep it for legitimate business or legal reasons.
Sharing your personal data
However, we may process, use and disclose your personal information with trusted third parties and strategic partners that work with Globelise from time to time, in connection with any service (including the Services), transaction, promotion, questionnaire, or communication with us or otherwise. Such third parties may either be in Singapore or abroad and may include but are not limited to the following:
- regulatory authorities and enforcement agencies;
- any court of law or any relevant party in connection with any claim or legal proceeding;
- our contractors, service providers, consultants, auditors and advisors on a need to know basis;
- our advertising, marketing and promotional agencies to help us deliver and analyze the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and promotions;
- our subsidiaries, parent company or related companies (collectively, the “Group”);
- professional service providers, including but not limited to registered trust companies, security agents and corporate secretarial service providers for the purpose of facilitating the issue of equity or debt securities to you or in connection with any matters;
- third parties required to process the Services for you or otherwise provide any Services to you;
- financial institutions including credit card companies and their services providers;
- third parties who wish to send you information about their products and services, but only if you have given us your consent to do so; and/or
- web analytics tool providers, such as Google.
We may share your personal data for the following reasons: –
- reasons provided under ‘using your personal data’;
- to protect the rights or property of any member of the Group (including but not limited to any intellectual property rights);
- to respond to claims that you violated the rights of third-parties;
- to conduct investigations in respect of any possible breach of applicable laws; and/or
- to comply with a court order or other legal or regulatory requirements in the jurisdictions we operate.
In situations where a third party under contract with Globelise collects personal data about you, we will require the third party to exercise reasonable care in protecting your information.
You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us, and to notify us (either by the Website or by letter) if there are any changes to your personal information.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data and to store it securely. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect your personal data and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our security protocols to ensure that your personal data is not subject to unnecessary risks. In using Globelise’s Services, you accept the inherent security implications of engaging in transactions online over the internet and you agree that you will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been grossly negligent or in willful default.
AMENDMENTS TO PERSONAL DATA / OPT OUT
You have a right to access, change and remove the personal data held by Globelise. If you wish to do so, please contact us at [email protected]. You may also access, change and remove your personal details by clicking on ‘Account Settings’. You may also decline to receive e-mails by clicking on ‘unsubscribe’ in any marketing e-mail you receive.
If you do not want your personal data to be shared among affiliates, business partners or unrelated third parties, you may opt-out of such information sharing by sending us an email; [email protected]
Governing law and Jurisdiction